Aetna has updated their Small Group Affordable Care Act (ACA) submission deadlines. In most cases, the change will allow new members to be active on their effective date. Starting with May effective dates, here are the new business submission deadlines for Small Group ACA plans in California:
- 1st of the month effective dates: Complete submission is due by the 20th of the month prior to the effective date.
- 15th of the month effective dates: Complete is submission due by the 5th of the month.
Brokers must submit the following to get the requested effective date:
- Master/Employer application (fully completed)
- Check copy or ACH form
- Enrollment or Elist and waivers (fully completed)
- Quarterly Wage and Tax statement