Anthem Blue Cross reports a significant statewide average decrease of -9.1% for Full HMO plans, and -7.8% for Limited HMO plans. PPO and PPO HSA plans report a virtual rate pass. In some regions, Anthem’s HMO rate decreases are as low as -25%, making them an attractive one carrier solution. There are no plan or benefit changes. Anthem continues to invest in technology and employ ways to make it easy to enroll and administer a group. Be sure to ask your dedicated LISI representative about real-time capability and where Anthem sits in your market.
Underwriting Guidelines and Promotions
Underwriting Guidelines and promotions continue through December 15, 2018:
- 25% relaxed participation promo for groups with 5+ enrolled
- 65% relaxed participation promo for groups 1-4 enrolled
- The on-and-off exchange IFP is considered a valid waiver
- A DE-9C is not required for groups with 6+ enrolling (excludes virgin groups). Groups with prior coverage must submit prior carrier bill.
- Dual HMO: Groups can select both HMO networks to be offered alongside each other.
- There is a 24-48 hour turnaround for new business, subject to completeness. (Holidays excluded.) The case must use the Census Enrollment Tool.
Contact your LISI Regional Sales Manager to find out more.