Anthem Blue Cross is delivering some great news with their Q3 Rate and Plan Update. Plans are easier than ever to sell with competitive rates, a robust provider network, underwriting promotions, quick turn-around times and some sweet value adds! You can offer your groups better service and faster approvals. Meanwhile, employees get faster access to care when and where they need it.
Lowered Rates and New Plans
In Q3, Anthem Blue Cross has lowered rates statewide by an average of -4.4 % for HMOs, -2.3% for PPOs and -5.4% for PPO/HSA plans. There is also some great news for renewal rates. In the past 24 months, Anthem has had a lowered rate trend averaging 2.7% for PPOs and -1.10% for HMO plans.
Anthem Blue Cross offers a new plan that narrows the gap between Silver PPO 2000/40%/7350 and Bronze PPO 5000/30%/7350. New for Q3, Anthem Blue Cross offers the Bronze PPO 4000/40%/7350 in Select and Full PPO networks. There are no terminations or benefit changes on existing plans.
Attractive Underwriting Promotions
Some very attractive underwriting promotions continue through September 15, 2018:
- A 30% relaxed participation promotion for groups with 5+ enrolled applies to medical and specialty lines of coverage.
- The DE-9C is not required for groups with 6+ enrolling (excludes virgin groups). Groups with prior coverage must submit a prior carrier bill.
- With Dual HMO, groups can select both HMO networks to be offered alongside each other.
- Same-day turnaround is offered for new business when groups use the census enrollment tool (holidays excluded).
- An individual family plan (on-exchange/off-exchange) is considered a valid waiver.
And don’t forget the LISI underwriting advantage!
Specialty Benefits with a Boost
Specialty benefits have become even more attractive with these offerings:
- A 5% bundling discount on ancillary premiums when your groups buy a new dental plan and add on a vision plan, life insurance, and/or disability insurance.
- A 24-month rate guarantee on Dental Prime and Complete and Dental Net plans through September 2018.
- The one-page BeneMod Form makes it easy to add specialty coverage to existing groups.
- Relaxed participation is available for employer-sponsored plans to 30% or a minimum of 5, whichever is greater.
- Simplified Dental, Vision, Life and LTD are offered with same-day turnaround for new business, subject to completing the census enrollment (excludes holidays).
Some Sweet Value Adds
With these great value adds, Anthem Blue Cross plans have become even more attractive:
- Live HealthOnline telehealth offers 24/7 doctor visits and therapist visits (by appointment) through video chat. It’s a great option during the cold and flu season or when a child wakes up at 3:00 am with a fever.
- With the Anthem Anywhere mobile app, members can view claims, search for doctors, access their ID cards, estimate costs and review their health plan benefits.
- Anthem Blue Cross is the only carrier that offers PayForward – a cash-back program that rewards members for shopping. Members can direct their 15% cashback bonus to deductibles, copays or co-insurance amounts.
- The Provider Search Tool ties a cost estimator to a member’s health plan. Members can plan financially for an upcoming health visit and review doctor ratings.
- The BlueCard allows members to get healthcare service benefits while traveling or living in another service area. Out-of-state employees can benefit from Anthem’s provider network.
- HEAL offers on-demand doctor house calls seven days a week from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.