UnitedHealthcare has released their January 1, 2018 rate and portfolio updates. Quoting is now available in HealthConnect. These changes are valid from January through March 2018.
Statewide average shows an increase of 2.5% on PPO (across all networks) and a -0.6% decrease on HMO (across all networks). There are no changes to the ZIP code availability at this time.
New ACA dependent age ranges are used, changing the bands from “20 & Under” to: “14 & Under”, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20.
UnitedHealthcare has revised their plans for 2018, with new PPO and HMO medical plans. They will continue to offer the same 3 portfolios; however, there are changes to what plans/networks are offered in each portfolio.
- Choice Simplified I
- All PPO plans except Top Platinum plan (all networks)
- All Signature, Advantage, Focus and Alliance HMO plans (excluding Multi-Choice state plans)
- Choice Simplified II
- Only Signature and Advantage network for HMO plans
- Focus and Alliance plans are no longer included. These have been moved to Choice Simplified I
- Multi-Choice State
- Remains portfolio of plans created to mirror the exchange offerings.
- Continues to offer in-network coverage ONLY, for all plans including PPO
- PPO plans through Select Plus, Core, and Navigate Networks
- HMO plans through Signature, Advantage (NEW), Focus, and Alliance
View the plan mapping chart for 2018.
NEW Value Add Program: Real Appeal
Real Appeal is a no-cost value add program that includes tools and support to help employees lose weight, feel good and prevent weight-related health conditions. Effective January 1, 2018, this will be included in California small group PPO plans.
Real Appeal is not available to HMO members at this time.
Form & Brochure Updates
Benefit summaries and SBCs have not been released at this time. Check back soon for updated benefit materials!
Contact your LISI Regional Sales Manager for more information.