Anthem has announced that they will not extend their current promotion that allows Dual Network PPO options for a single group. The current Dual Network PPO promotion runs through March 2017 effective dates, and will terminate after that. The Dual HMO Network options promotion will continue and has been extended through Q2 effective dates.
Now is the time to jump on any new groups that want this feature, or any current Anthem clients that were going to add this feature on their renewal. For those groups looking to take advantage of this, Employee Worksheets can be run in HealthConnect showing all plans. The instructions on how to add this feature to new and renewing groups are listed below:
- For new groups, simply indicate network option on the existing Employer Application
- For January through March renewing groups – your clients can request the PPO dual network option by:
- Submitting a Plan Change Request Form
- Submitting a letter signed by the owner/officer
- For groups that have already renewed, or will renew after March, your clients can submit an Anniversary Month Change Form
Please note: any applicable rate changes will be applied to their request to change their anniversary month (i.e. rated for birthday, any address changes, etc.)