In addition to Santa Clara County IPA and MemorialCare, Aetna is introducing a new collaboration between Aetna and Providence Health & Services that brings the triple aim of accountable care (better health, better care, and better cost) to more members in the greater Los Angeles area for May 1 effective dates. More than 4,500 doctors/specialists and 7 acute care hospitals are part of the Providence Health & Services network. Aetna offers the same 5 plan designs (3 EPO and 2 MC plans) with each Aetna Whole Health Network. Providence Health & Services plans offer a 12.6% savings over Aetna OAMC plans.
Also available in parts of Los Angeles County is MemorialCare. It’s a smaller network with over 2,000 doctors/specialists and 6 hospital serving Orange County and parts of Los Angeles County.
Mix-and-match Aetna Whole Health plans with ACA plans. There is no network restriction or plan participation requirement.
Aetna has recently added the following hospitals to the Open Access Managed Choice Network (OAMC/MC) in Los Angeles:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital
- Southern California Hospital at Hollywood
- Southern California Hospital at Van Nuys
- Los Angeles Community Hospital
- Lost Angeles Community Hospital at Bellflower
- Norwalk Community Hospital
- Foothill Regional Medical Center